LIFE TV is an initiative of LIFE. LIFE recognises the importance of protecting an individual’s privacy.
This privacy statement explains how LIFE collects, stores and may use your personal information.
The new Privacy Act takes effect from 1 December 2020. LIFE endeavours to fully comply with the principles of this Act as it looks to continue handling personal information with care and respect.
- We collect personal information from you in order to carry out our role as an organisation and to inform you about our services, events and activities.
- We may collect personal information about you either directly or we may generate personal information about you when we carry out our functions.
- We will only use personal information for the purpose for which we collected it.
- We take care to ensure requests for information from children and young people is done fairly and only when necessary.
- We will not hold personal information for longer than the purpose for which it was required.
- We keep your information safe, in New Zealand, on a Microsoft Sequel server. We protect our data with all reasonable technical and process controls.
- LIFE also uses selected third party suppliers to deliver specific services such as email, event registration, live chat and so on; these suppliers have comparable privacy policies and processes for protecting your personal information.
- You can ask us for a copy of, or ask to correct, your personal information at any time. We will be as open as we can with you whilst ensuring we do not breach the trust or safety of others or where information may be legally privileged.
We may collect personal information from you, including information about: your name, age, contact details, LIFE Campus location, event registration status, donations and your interactions with us.
Providing some personal information to us is optional, however, we may not be able to effectively provide you with services or carry out our role as an organisation if you do not provide us with the information we request.
We collect your personal information in order to: carry out our role and function as an organisation, provide pastoral care, inform you about services, events and activities, comply with legal requirements (e.g. charitable donations), protect our children and young people, complete registration and management requirements for conferences and events, improve our delivery of services, complete internal analysis and reports
We do not generally share your personal information with third parties (other than third parties which are providing digital services to us). However, we may share personal information with the NZ Police or another government agency, if required by law (for example to assist with the investigation of a criminal offence), to report significant misconduct or where there is a serious threat to health and safety.
Photography & Video
During services and events, we may be taking still photographs and capturing video footage of various aspects, including shots where individuals and groups are identifiable. Please note that we may use these shots in social media and for promotional purposes. In line with our Child Protection Policy, no photographs or videos are to be taken where individual children can be identified, unless for a specific purpose with parental/caregiver permission.
We have CCTV devices installed across our locations. CCTV footage is recorded and retained for security purposes and is only viewed by authorised staff. The footage will not be made public unless authorised by the individual(s) shown in the footage or in consultation with the NZ Police. The footage will be deleted after it is no longer required by LIFE for security or operational reasons. There is signage at our locations advising of the presence of CCTV devices.
We use social media networking services such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube to share content and promote our initiatives in a public space. When you engage with us using these services, the social network may collect your personal information for its own purposes. These networks have their own privacy statements which are independent of ours. They do not have any access to your personal information that we hold.
Websites & Apps
- your IP address,
- the search terms you used
- the pages you accessed on our website and the links you clicked on
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked to our website
- your operating system (such as Windows 10)
- the type of web browser you use (such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer)
How to unsubscribe
To unsubscribe from a mailing list or any other correspondence sent out by LIFE, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org stating your name, email address and which communication you would like to stop receiving.
We keep your information for no longer than the purpose for which it was required. At that point we will securely destroy it by erasing all digital and physical files.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong.
The Privacy Act 2020 permits you to ask for a copy of your information, or to have it corrected; if you would like to request this or have any questions about your personal information or our practises, please contact us at, email@example.com , or +6493064222, or PO Box 108 138 Symonds St. Auckland 1150.